Cúl Community is St Vincents Lá na gClub being held on 13th October 2019. It is our chance to come together to celebrate the unique bond that your club provides in your community.
The aims of Cúl Community are to
- raise awareness of our club throughout our parishes of Fairview and Marino
- introduce new families to St Vincents, especially those who may have moved into new developments, or have recently moved to the area.
- provide a day where all members of Naomh Uinsionn, young and old can socialise and interact together as one club.
- welcome back past members who may have moved away and would like to see how the club has evolved
- To give local business a chance to show their support for their community
The day will consist of:
- A sponsored hurling, football and camogie relay around the major landmarks of Fairview and Marino. Starting from 4 locations, various teams will be on hand to relay balls through the parishes, with “all roads leading back to St Vincents”. Watch out for teams at local parks in the early afternoon.
- A BBQ back at the club later, with the relay finished by Mini-League players
- Fun and games for the children in the club hall.
- Early evening entertainment in the club bar.
- Raffle and spot prizes on the night
How can you help?
If you are a mentor:
- Encourage strong participation amongst your players
- Be on hand on the day to help with the relay or to marshall on the route
- Disperse and collect sponsor cards
- Take photos and videos on the day
Mentors: There’s a prize of a full set of Jerseys courtesy of O’Neills to the team that raises the most sponsorship. Also note that every player who enters a sponsor card above €50 raised will be entered into a draw for a St Vincent’s Hoodie. Here’s a link to downloadable images you can use in your team whatsapps or team social media channels.
If you are a local business:
- Help us raise awareness by putting up our posters
- Come along on the day and take part
- Allow us to gather or relay past your premises
- Donate a spot prize to our entertainment evening
If you are a player:
- Your participation on the relay is what’s going to make this a success!
If you’re a sideline supporter:
- This is your chance to get more involved with your children’s club – drop us a note if you’d like to make yourself available for marshalling, taking photos or any other jobs to help out on the day
- Come along, take part, bring your friends!